Register to our
Mechanism of action
X-PUR CariØ, with its scientifically proven 25% medicinal-grade xylitol formulation, works during the colonization and adhesion of the caries process to reduce the cariogenic bacteria load. For many years, studies have shown that the tooth decay causing bacteria are not able to metabolize xylitol, which results in an absence of lactic acid and polysaccharide production. This is why X-PUR CariØ is effective to prevent the caries process, reduce non-cavitated and cavitated lesions and remineralize.
- Allergens-free and no risk of cross-contamination
- Complements topical fluorides by reducing cariogenic bacteria load
- Effective against acute otitis media
- Fluoride free
- Gentle formulation Gluten free
- GMO free
- Low abrasivity (RDA level of 60)
- Natural health product
- Neutral pH of 7.01
- Safe for the environment: does not contain plastic particles that could harm the environment
- Scientifically proven formulation
- Sodium lauryl sulfate free
- Children and toddlers
- Disabled patient
- Disadvantaged population
- Dysphagic patients
- Elderly people
- Fluoride free lovers
- Holistic health
- Pregnant women
- Public health
- Vegetarian / Vegan
Scientifically proven to1
(Compared to a fluoride toothpaste)
less non-cavitated lesions
less cavitated lesions
more remineralized lesions
Water, hydrated silica, sorbitol, cellulose gum, sodium lauroylsarcosinate, spearmint flavor, sodium benzoate, calcium glycerophosphate, saccharin, limonene.
Directions for use
Adults and children
At least 2 times per day for a minimum of 3 months
- Brush with a small quantity of toothpaste
- Bubble gum (ideal for children)
Dr. Jacques Véronneau, D.M.D., M.Sc., Ph.D.
Creator of X-PUR CariØ
12 YEARS OF RESEARCH PROVING ITS EFFICACY
Since 1952, fluoride is the most widely used therapeutic agent in toothpaste. For adults and children highly infected by cariogenic bacteria (100,000 Streptococcus mutans / mL of saliva), which represents a significant percentage of your patients, fluoride toothpaste will remineralize, but might not offer optimal removal of cariogenic bacteria.
This is why, more than 12 years ago, Dr. Jacques Véronneau, clinician, researcher and one of the only cariologists in Canada, began his journey to identify a therapeutic agent able to reduce the cariogenic bacteria load. He then began many studies, the most important being with 99 Kosovar children, to confirm the efficacy of a 25% xylitol toothpaste against cariogenic bacteria.
The results were really conclusive and this is why we are now launching the 1st Canadian 25% medicinal-grade xylitol toothpaste with a scientifically proven formulation to reduce bacteria load! Below are the results of Dr. Véronneau’s studies.
Reduces cariogenic bacteria load of highly infected patients
17% highly infected 45% without SM*
5% highly infected
34% highly infected 24% without SM* and L**
0.3% highly infected
Results were maintained even 6 months after stopping using X-PUR CariØ
Average lesions of 200 Kosovar children brushing 2 times per day over 2 years
- 1. Jacques E. Veronneau, DMD, PhD1, Blerta Laiti-Xhemaji, PhD(c)2, Adim Begzati, DMD, MSc2. 1McGill University, Canada; 2Prishtina University, Kosovo. RCT TESTING THE EFFICACY OF NATURAL TOOTHPASTE ON THE CONTROL OF CARIOUS PROCESS: A NEW ERA OF THERAPEUTIC EFFICACY IN PRIMARY PREVENTION.
- 2. Ioana Chi, MSc(c)2, Jacques E. Veronneau, DMD, PhD1, Mindra Badea, DMD, MSc2. 1McGill University, Canada; 2Cluj University, Romania. THE MINIMAL AND SUSTAINABLE TIMEFRAME FOR AN ANTIBACTERIAL EFFECTS OF XYLITOL 25 % TOOTHPASTE: OBSERVATIONAL DESIGN DOCUMENTING.
- 3. Blerta Laiti-Xhemaji, PhD(c)2, Jacques E. Veronneau, DMD, PhD1, Adim Begzati, DMD, MSc2. 1McGill University, Canada; 2Prishtina University, Kosovo. TOBSERVATIONAL DESIGNS TESTING THE ANTIBACTERIAL EFFECTS OF NATURAL TOOTHPASTE ON CARIOGENIC BACTERIA.